UKHO announces new ADMIRALTY charts and publications for VietnamIT and Communications, Marine Equipment Products and Services — By admin on December 4, 2013 at 6:57 PM
The United Kingdom Hydrographic Office (UKHO) has announced a major upgrade in its chart coverage of Vietnam and its suite of navigational charts and publications for Vietnamese waters.
The new and updated range of products includes new Electronic Navigational Chart (ENC) coverage for Vietnam, available in the ADMIRALTY Vector Chart Service (AVCS), new and updated paper charts covering Vietnamese ports and waters, new routeing charts for the South China Sea and updated publications covering tidal data, radio signals and sailing directions for Vietnam.
The release of this new suite of charts and publications is a result of close liaison between the UKHO and the Vietnamese hydrographic authorities. It represents a major advance in the UKHO’s coverage of Vietnam across its full range of ADMIRALTY Nautical Products and Services, which includes 79 ENCs released into AVCS, seven new charts and a further two updated editions of existing charts.
Jason Scholey, Senior Product Manager – Charts for UKHO, commented: “Vietnamese ports and shipping routes play a vital role within the busy shipping waters of the South China Sea and any vessel operating in these waters needs to be in possession of up-to-date navigational data. With this significant upgrade in the UKHO’s coverage of Vietnam across all of our paper and digital charts and publications, mariners can be assured that they have at their disposal all available accurate data. What is more, by investing in updating our full suite of charts and publications that cover Vietnam, we are providing the mariner with a single solution for their navigational needs in these waters.”
The full suite of charts and products to support navigation in Vietnamese waters will comprise the following:
· Electronic Navigational Charts (ENCs) for Vietnamese ports and waters
· Standard Nautical Charts (SNCs), covering key Vietnamese ports: Phu My, Vung Tau, Hai Phong, Hon Gai, Qui Nhon, Dung Quat, Da Nang, Cam Pha and Ho Chi Min City
· New edition of ADMIRALTY Sailing Directions
· Updated tidal data in a new edition of ADMIRALTY Tide Tables and in ADMIRALTY TotalTide 2014
· Updated radio signal data in a new edition of ADMIRALTY List of Radio Signals Volume 6 and ADMIRALTY Digital Radio Signals Volume 6 2014
· New Ocean Routing Charts for the South China Sea
All new and updated ADMIRALTY charts and publications will be published over the coming months and are led by the new Electronic Navigational Charts (ENCs) for Vietnam, which are already available.
For further details on availability of all ADMIRALTY charts and publications, please contact an ADMIRALTY Chart Agent: <<http://www.admiralty.co.uk/SitePages/Distributors.aspx>>
About the United Kingdom Hydrographic Office
1. UKHO, an Executive Agency of the Ministry of Defence, has been charting the world’s oceans for more than 200 years with the primary aim of providing navigational products and services for the Royal Navy and merchant mariners to save and protect lives at sea. In addition it serves small craft and leisure mariners and provides a range of consultancy services.
2. UKHO also plays a central role, in support of the Maritime and Coastguard Agency, in discharging the navigation element of the UK’s Safety of Life at Sea Treaty obligations for waters of UK national responsibility.
3. UKHO produces a worldwide series of some 3, 500 paper nautical charts, 200 publications under the ADMIRALTY brand and Electronic Navigational Charts (ENCs). The ADMIRALTY portfolio is sold globally and used by nearly 70% of international shipping.