Navis commissions first Chinese language DP simulator at Dalian Maritime UniversityAcademia, HR, Manning - Seafarers and Offshore — By admin on December 5, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Finnish-headquartered Navis has installed and commissioned the first dynamic positioning (DP) simulator with Chinese language interface, at the renowned Dalian Maritime University, one the world’s largest training facilities for seafarers.
“The successful implementation marks a major step forward in China for maritime training programmes for future DP operators and watch-keeping officers alike, and the training course for the DP system will be made available to all students studying the purpose and functions of this kind of Vessel Motion Control system,” says Sergey Paramashkin, Navis training officer, chief mate, DP-O.
“Installation and commissioning was a challenging task and involved input from a number of professional mariners.”
Dalian Maritime University was founded in 1909 and it is the only key maritime institution under China’s Ministry of Transport. It has an unrivalled reputation internationally as a centre for maritime education and training and, among others, is recognised by the International Maritime Organization.
Facilities include maritime training and research units including a survival training centre, harbour basin, library, swimming pool and planetarium. The university has a training dock and over 40 laboratories for teaching, training and research that also include a full mission ship-handling simulator and an engine room simulator. The university also owns and operates two ocean-going training vessels.
To date more than 60,000 people have been educated and trained at the university, of whom, most have formed the backbone of China’s shipping industry.
About Navis Engineering
Navis Engineering Oy, founded in 1992, is a privately owned Finnish manufacturer of dynamic positioning and vessel motion control systems. The company headquarters is located in Vantaa, Finland, where production takes place, while it also has a R&D Centre in St Petersburg, Russia.