HELMEPA’s new Voluntary Refresher Training Program for 2014Associations, Corporate Social Responsibility, Environment, Maritime Education and Training — By admin on January 16, 2014 at 3:22 PM
HELMEPA’s new 2014 Voluntary Refresher Training Program commences on January 21. Aiming at the widest possible coverage of the training needs of seafarers and member companies, the Program curriculum was devised in close consultation between the Association’s Maritime Section and the Training Committee, which is comprised of experts from 12 of HELMEPA’s member companies.
Having as its title the theme selected by the IMO for “World Maritime Day 2014”, “IMO Conventions: Effective Implementation”, this year’s Program includes the following 4 two-day seminar categories:
- Beyond Compliance; Promoting a Safety Culture
- Keeping abreast of Requirements; Ensuring Effective Environmental Management
- Marine Environmental Awareness (ΜΕΑ)
- Risk Management in Shipboard Operations
The seminars of category (1) and (2) give ship’s officers and land-based staff of Member Companies the opportunity to better implement the International Conventions MARPOL and SOLAS, which ensure a constant high quality of ship operations.
The Marine Environmental Awareness (MEA) Seminar, which was developed according to the IMO Model Course of the same title and officially recognized by the Cyprus Flag, responds to specific requirements of the amended STCW and Code (Α-ΙΙ/1, 2 και Α-ΙΙΙ/1, 2).
The Seminar Risk Management in Shipboard Operations, which was successfully introduced the last quarter of 2013, has been further enriched so as to assist officers to identify and evaluate hazards stemming from shipboard operations in order to reduce accident likelihood.
HELMEPA would like to warmly thank in advance, for their contribution to the Program, the following members (in alphabetical order) and their instructors:
- American Bureau of Shipping
- Atlantic Bulk Carriers Management Ltd
- Bureau Veritas
- Danaos Shipping Co. Ltd
- Det Norske Veritas – Germanischer Lloyd
- Euronav Ship Management (Hellas) Ltd
- Ηellenic Lloyd’s S.A.
- Ministry of Shipping and Aegean – Port State Control Office/ Hellenic Coast Guard
- National Technical University of Athens – Laboratory for Maritime Transport
- Rina Hellas
- Tsakos Columbia Shipmanagement (“TCM”) S.A.
- V. Ships Greece Ltd.
For more information, timetable, daily program, etc. visit the following link: http://www.helmepa.gr/Helmepa_Training_2014.pdf