Schenker Logistics to expand its land transport network in the UK

Land Trasnport, Logistics, Ports & Terminals — By on December 11, 2015 at 3:08 PM


Early 2016 the transportation and logistics services provider of the Deutsche Bahn AG acquires 75 percent of Redhead Holdings Ltd.

(Essen/Berlin,  December 11, 2015) As part of the continual development of its land network, DB Schenker Logistics will combine its road-activities in the UK in a joint venture with UK logistics company Redhead International.

Schenker AG will acquire a 75 percent of the UK company early 2016. A takeover of the remaining 25 percent share is foreseen, contractual after four years. The two businesses will be merged in a reverse integration and will trade as Redhead International which will continue to be developed by the experienced management team.

Ewald Kaiser, the board member for Land Transport of Schenker AG: “This acquisition underscores our strategy to strengthen and grow our pan-European network. It improves our access to the UK market and the combined resources will facilitate our strategic growth aims.”

The new land transport organization utilizing more than 300 vehicles will operate from five regional depots, strategically placed offices and partner relationships across the UK.

Redhead is also a member of the leading national pallet network, Palletforce with more than 100 depots throughout the UK.

Tony Suggitt, MD. Redhead International: “The new venture brings the best of both companies together and will further strengthen the infrastructure of our UK & European network.”


The takeover is still subject to approval by the competent authorities (e.g. antitrust authorities).

Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

IMPORTANT! To be able to proceed, you need to solve the following simple math (so we know that you are a human) :-)

What is 7 + 4 ?
Please leave these two fields as-is:


Leave a Trackback